Oftentimes members regularly using PTC/GPT websites would like to own a site of their own but hesitate due to lack of knowledge. This is a step by step guide to getting started in the GPT industry.
The number one question regarding opening a PTC/GPT website is how much money will I need? and this varies greatly. It will depend on everything from what you can do yourself to the domain extension you choose. To start off with a .com, a yearly hosting plan on shared hosting, a decent script and professional design you will need around $500. It is possible to start with a $1 domain and a $15 turnkey but you will get what you pay for. Also keep in mind a cushion for member payouts while you are waiting to be paid by offerwalls or haven't found advertisers.
The second most often asked question regarding opening a site is how much money will I make? Again this question is hard to answer, some sites are profitable from the go, other sites struggle to stay viable, and still other sites are ran at a loss as an owners hobby. A site that starts off popular can fail for a variety of reasons. A site that starts off small can suddenly pick up. Active responsive admin do seem to have a better go of it.
Starting From Nothing 1 - Choose your domain name This step is crucial, there is no going back and changing it later if you want members to take your site seriously, use godaddy or namecheap domain search tools to verify the domain name availability. Once you have decided on an available name you will need to pick a domain registrar, I suggest Namecheap but Godaddy is also good. Namecheap provides free whois protection, you will definitely want whois protection no matter where you purchase your domain.
2 - Get Your Domain Online PTC websites will require certain things depending on the script, some hosts won't allow PTC on shared hosting. Be sure you have appropriate hosting before launching by checking terms or simply asking if PTC is allowed. Shared hosting is generally fine when first starting out, you won't use much in terms of bandwidth or diskspace for a few months. You can always upgrade your hosting later. After purchasing hosting you will be provided with nameservers to point your domain to. In your domain registrar manage your domain and you will find a place to update the nameservers with those provided by the hosting company. This change can require up to 72 hours to propagate worldwide, although usually this happens in a matter of hours however if it is taking much longer google flushing your DNS to help speed up the process.
3 - Choose Your Script Of course I have to suggest the latest release of Aurora Coderz Deluxe however instead of listing the various scripts available instead I will list some thoughts you should have when deciding. 1. When was the script last updated? Even a year ago is too long with the advancements in PHP. 2. Is there an active developer working on the script? Multiple scripts out there are owned only by resellers with the developers no where to be found. No developer means no updates and usually no bug fixes or security patches. 3. What is the latest version of PHP the script will run on? This is vital for security reasons. You can check PHP.net directly to see the latest version released. 4. Can you find any other websites using the script? Check the sites forum for member complaints regarding default features. 5. Is customization or security more important to you? Some scripts have the pages encrypted, this does help in securing the script overall but also may hinder customization of default features.
4 - Designing Your Website If you are unable to alter the default template yourself you will have to pay for design services which can get pricey quickly. If you do not have the budget for design there are many free image editors available online and the default templates included with your script usually include some kind of instructions for use. If not you should be able to ask the script provider how to alter the template you decide on.
Starting From A Turnkey If you want to skip the steps above launching your website by buying a pre-built website can take a lot of the hassle out of getting started. Generally a turnkey is an already designed ready to go scripted website and hosted with appropriate hosting included for a set time. Turnkey websites are also generally cheaper as the layout is not unique, only the theme is.
Now that you have your website, whether you started from scratch or bought a turnkey, it's now time to go through all the settings. Crons jobs, site settings, advertising settings, member settings, product settings, memberships, specials, etc. Every PTC/GPT script I am aware of will have cron jobs you will need to set up for the site to function properly. The script you have chosen will call things by different names but you must go through all settings pages you can find. Decide on which payment processors you wish to accept and pay out in and set them up accordingly. If your script included offerwalls go through and get them set up as well as this is an income source for your website. Anything you don't understand the script provider should be able to explain.
Next you need to set your terms of service. I can't write these for you but it's easy to get a feel for what is generally required by checking out the terms of some sites in the same industry.
Set up your forum with relevant boards and topics. If your chosen script didn't include a forum be sure you have one installed behind your website in a sub-directory. Many active clickers will pass by a website without a forum.
Decide whether or not you will be starting with self sponsored paid to click ads. At the beginning many admin set up self sponsored ads so that members might earn while searching for advertisers before offerwalls began being included in PTC websites. With offerwalls admin no longer have to set up self sponsored ads to give members an earning method so the choice is now yours. You may also consider giving a bonus of PTC credits for signing up to get ads on the site quickly if your script is set up for it.
If you are using the traffic exchange be sure to place some ads so members have a way to earn credits and set up their own ads in the beginning.
If you are enabling an ad grid or similar feature see if it needs an active ad to function properly as some do, including the grid included with AC Deluxe.
Join ad networks such as adhitz, a-ads, or any that accept PTC websites and place their codes on your website either directly in the html or in a code rotator to begin monetizing your site from the beginning.
Launching Your Website
First, check everything over one final time. Be sure you haven't missed any settings and your terms are clear.
In the beginning you will need to advertise your own website fairly heavily. A referral contest or enabling PTP may help get your members to begin advertising your website before you have made your first payments. Join PTC related forums and list your website there. Use your forum signature to promote your site at any forum that allows it including other PTC sites. Consider craigslist or other job listing boards to post your website on. Social media can make a big difference, consider building pages dedicated to your website.
- We are pleased to announce the release of our new update of the script, Aurora Coderz Deluxe V 2.9.4 with following changes :
- Added option to clear unpaid orders in unprocessed orders page - Adjusted templates to show featured membership plus special on homepage - Updated script support for SSL - Updated stats page to enhance displayed stats - Offline bank transfer added as a payment option - PTC / PTR / PTP pages codes updated for enhanced frames loading - Increased users balance/purchase balance storage in database to allow more balances if dogecoin is activated as main coin on site - Enhanced unpaid orders page codes in admin panel - Updated solvemedia api to secure release so it would work without problems when ssl is activated on site - Corrected site stats recordings to store cash and points earned from ads - Multiple codes updated in orders crediting files - Fixed a problem in specials display not showing cash or points benefits of the special - Fixed a problem in specials benefits crediting - Fixed a problem in memberships benefits crediting - Fixed issue causing referral purchase bonus function to run even if no upline existed - Fixed allow view own ads setting not reflecting on PTSU section when activated - Fixed few issues in contests page in members side - Fixed payment proof page not showing correct currency if USD isn't the main currency - Fixed error in botlink detector ad - Fixed pending orders page not showing correct currency if USD isn't the main currency - Fixed issue in updating user rotator credits from admin panel - Updated join page codes to prevent errors if some settings are empty - Updated pending orders page - Adjust display of main site currency on all pages - Corrected display of specials and memberships on templates
Download links will be available in downloads section in your auroracoderz accounts, If can't update your site please send us a support ticket to help you
- We are pleased to announce the release of our new update of the script, Aurora Coderz V 2.9.3 with following changes :
- Added new offerwall LikeFlow - Added option to control purchase verification for certain countries, either users must have an active upgrade or at least make one purchase to cashout - Updated point store
Download links will be available in downloads section in your auroracoderz accounts
- We are pleased to announce the release of our new update of the script, Aurora Coderz V 2.9.1 with following changes :
- Added site title to dynamic banner - Added option to limit purchases on site to purchase balance only - Updated script code for full support of php 7.3 - Fixed incorrect link in admin dashboard to link messages correctly - Fixed issue in direct referrals limit not checked correctly - Fixed issue in getting user real ip if Incapsula ( Imperva ) CDN is active on site - Removed dead offerwalls networks from script offerwalls section
Download links will be available in downloads section in your auroracoderz accounts
- We are pleased to announce the release of our new update of the script, Aurora Coderz V 2.8.9 with following changes :
- Updated installer to include option for adding backlink removal code - Updated top frame displayed for guests to display insite banners - Updated earn page to carry out the option to count user own ads if admin choose to let users click their own ads - Updated specials page to carry out the complete referrals sales conditions set from admin panel - Removed old site info module and replaced it with builtin license check system - Fixed small php issues in surf rewards page - Fixed issue in adding new site in faucet lists from admin panel - Fixed issue in replying to private messages from members side - Fixed issue causing news window not to display when news text has special characters
- We are pleased to announce the release of our new update of the script, Aurora Coderz V 2.8.8 with following changes :
- Added new captcha option to login, register and cheat check pages [adcaptchas.com] - Added option in advertising settings to allow users to view their own ads - Fixed issue in ip country check function not carrying out settings correctly - Fixed issue in opening user profile from order ledger in admin panel - Removed coinhive captcha since they are closing - More core optimizations
- We are pleased to announce the release of our new update of the script, Aurora Coderz V 2.8.7 with following changes :
- Added solidtrustpay setup guide in payment processor settings in admin panel - Updated script installer so script wont create any admin accounts if the fields are left blank - Updated login page to carry tracking variables more accurately - Updated join memberships crediting in join page - Updated names and multiple codes in default templates to prevent it from overwriting current templates during upgrade process - Updated codes in purchase related functions - Optimized crons so it will be less load on server on shared servers - Enhanced text display on members profile page to explain minimum cashout requests better - Fixed issue causing script to redirect users to suspended members link if set in admin panel incorrectly - Fixed issue in country detection method when external database is set - Fixed issue in settings in featured banners ads in admin panel not saving correctly - Fixed issue in settings in banners ads in admin panel not saving correctly - Fixed issue with paid emails not carrying session correctly when clicking paid email link - Removed dead offerwall site daily survey wall from offers list on members side